Have you talked with people that complain all of the time? Are they painting with the right brush and using the appropriate colors? It sounds strange; however, we know they are coming to make a visit.
Let’s ask these questions before picking up our brushes of complaint.
- Have I considered the outcome from this conversation?;
- Am I complaining to the person that will make a difference?;
- Am I able to keep my cool or painting with ‘bright red’ remarks;
- Did I consider other elements of the conversation such as the time of day or does this matter?; and
- Will my complaint make a difference or cause more confusion?
Maya Angelou says: ‘What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way YOU think about it. Don’t complain.”
Okay what color is on the end of your paint brush?