WHY: 1) Client Budget and 2) The Limited Staffing and the Staff work hours.
Coordinating events is rewarding and exciting as this industry is worth over $1.5 trillion dollars. Event Planners organize and plan your event from the beginning to the end or for just as much time needed to satisfy the client. Remember any event will depend on how well it is organized withing the allowed budget.
Consider the following suggestions:
1. What are you coordinating and why should the goals and objectives of the event be
specific to the client.
2. Ensure you coordinate the event details with your team members and your staff that
will be helping you.
3. Is there a durable budget within the client’s request.
4. Do you have a plan or just an idea? Consider the deadlines and all your responsibilities.
Without a detailed plan it is easy to overlook the client’s request.
5. Review the clients request and the suggested locations. What is the location, and is it
handicap assessable? And most important.
6. Don’t forget to plan and market to ensure it can reach as many people as possible.
Having a suitable planner does not mean it is the best option or fit for you. Clients will be reviewing your website and client list to determine if you are suitable and as a planner you should talk with the client to determine if you both are good fits. Technology is great on this subject.