If you are considering an outdoor party you can have great fun if you remember a few tips:
- Always be prepared for the unexpected weather conditions and have a contingency plan. I always recommend sides for your sturdy tents with either air or heat (according to the weather conditions) so you and your guests can enjoy the event;
- Consider – Will I need an outside bathroom facility or umbrellas available in the case of rain or even for heat?;
- If you hire a band, DJ or catering service – is electricity needed and where are the outlets? Will you need a generator in case of electrical failure?;
- Be cautious of food preparation making sure the food selection is suitable for the outdoors;
- What is the condition of the lawn? Will the lawn need to be sprayed before the event?;
- Can my guests move around comfortably even those that may have a physical disability?;
- When is the best time of day and month to hold this event?;
- Is there sufficient lighting just in case the event is held late in the evening or even early in the day with overcast skies?;
- Depending on conditions a first-aid kit should be handy;
- Where are the locations of the trash dispensers?;
- Don’t overlook the bugs because they will be watching as no one wants to be bitten even for a short period of time;
Always have a back-up plan, be flexible and prepare for the unexpected. However, outdoor events are usually casual with loads of fun for everyone. If it is really hot and/or humid consider hand fans for your guests. They make great souvenirs for your party.
Let’s get this party started and ENJOY!!