June 6, 2017
I am reminded of information from an article I read in ESSENCE Magazine last year written by Editor-in-Chief, Vanessa K. DeLuca.
- Know What You Stand For- (Stand on your TRUTH and know yourself without compromise);
- Don’t Rest on your Laurels- (Know that the success of yesterday is only a tool to provide guidance for successes to come not a chair to rest upon);
- Believe in the Power of Failure- (Each challenge is a learning skill to increase knowledge moving forward);
- Trust Your Inner Compass- (Pause and take notice of your surroundings and the topic of the current conversation –use wisdom);
- Take the Risk to Somewhere New-(Not being reckless yet thoughtful and prepared);
- Look Back only to see how far you’ve come- (The past is to learn for the successes of the future);
- Don’t be afraid to do the Unexpected- (Be able to think in the moment as most events will present the Unexpected);
- Remain Humble- (Don’t be a know-it-all as you need information for the task/project); and
- Never Stop Acquiring Information (Continue to Learn each day).
These a few tools that will help meeting with your next client and moving to another successful event.